The purpose of the Jewish Community Center of Greater Albuquerque, Inc. is the following:
Enriching our community by practicing the values of Jewish life.
We will complete our mission by creating community and a sense of inclusion, maintaining the highest standards for consumer satisfaction, providing the opportunities for healthy lifestyles, educational opportunities, social events and programming, while having a strong focus on Jewish culture.
With the Jewish concept of Tikkun Olam (to repair the world) in mind, the JCC will ensure a sense of community is fostered through dialog and outreach with the greater Albuquerque, non-Jewish and Jewish communities; and by providing a safe, welcoming and family friendly environment within the walls of the JCC.
Who We Are and What We Do
The Ronald Gardenswartz Jewish Community Center serves as a focal point for all those who seek a Jewish experience. The Center will provide a unique opportunity for individuals to come together to express, enhance and strengthen their Jewish identity and to participate in a variety of social, cultural, recreational and educational programs and services.
The Ronald Gardenswartz Jewish Community Center
- Fosters Jewish identity
- Builds and strengthens a sense of Jewish community
- Reaches out to all Jews—intermarried, nonaffiliated, and affiliated
- Contributes to Jewish Survival
- Supports and enhances existing Jewish organizations, congregations and institutions.
The JCC is a place where
- families and individuals are assured that their precious leisure or learning time will be well spent in a welcoming, Jewish environment
- a state-of-the-art fitness and wellness facility provides the added bonus of a social experience
- children and youth, teens and their families receive quality educational, cultural and social enrichment while learning what it means to be a part of the Jewish Community
- active seniors pursue a wellness of both mind and body in a home away from home
- anyone new to the community or new to the country will feel a sense of extended family when they walk through the door
- this generation can build a future for generations to come